By Sarah Hoffbeck
What sets NDSCS apart from other two-year colleges? For one, we truly care about our students’ success. Not only do we provide an affordable way to earn an education, we cater to your student’s needs and wants, offering almost everything you would find at a 4-year college.
Discover the possibilities at NDSCS
- Participate in a Wahpeton Campus Tour and check out our Residence Halls, Student Center, Academic Buildings and more!
- Visit the NDSCS-Fargo location and discover the possibilities for day or evening programs.
- Set-up a time to chat with specific departments and get the inside scoop on programs that interest your son or daughter.
- Visit with program staff about admission information.
- Learn about partnerships and programs offered through industry partners.
So what are you waiting for? Click here to schedule a tour today to see if your student belongs at NDSCS. Individual campus tours are given Monday-Friday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Questions? Contact the Enrollment Services office in Wahpeton at 800-342-4325 or the Fargo Programs Representative at 701-231-6919.
By Sarah Hoffbeck
Is your student thinking about applying to take college courses starting in January? If so, now is the perfect time to start the application process at NDSCS.
Although NDSCS has an open enrollment policy, applications still need to be processed. Not familiar with open enrollment?
Open enrollment, also known as the open admission policy or open door policy, basically means that anyone with a high school diploma or its equivalent is qualified to take classes at NDSCS.
Open enrollment colleges made their first splash in the 1970s when the City University of New York became the first institution of higher education to adopt an open enrollment policy. Something must have clicked, because open enrollment colleges are scattered all over the United States and are becoming more and more popular.
Benefits of Open Enrollment
- Allows a wider range of students with an opportunity to obtain higher education.
- Streamlined admissions policy.
- Attractive to nontraditional or adult students. Often an adult student who has been out of the educational loop for a number of years may not have all the documents, materials and other items necessary for admission into a closed enrollment college.
Applying to NDSCS is Easy
Fill out an Application for Admission with a $35 non-refundable application fee and include the following:
- High school transcript or GED.
- Official college transcripts from any other college attended.
- Proof of immunization for measles, rubella and mumps, and meningitis for applicants 21 and under.
- An ACT of SAT score for applicants under age 25.
For more information on the application process at NDSCS visit ndscs.edu/admissions, check out the Application Packet online, or contact the Enrollment Services Office at 701-671-2521.